Man Facing Multiple Charges Following Threats Investigation
Source: Area OPP
Date: Wed Feb 13 02:58:41 MST 2019
- Pancakes, Sausages, & coffee
- 2 Hotdogs & fries
- Soup & Sandwich
- Black Forest ham sub
Add Homemade Home Fries For $2.00
Fresh Baked Homemade Tea Biscuits $1.50
Veggie & Beef $1.50
While at the scene, police received a call reporting that a male had been observed discharging a firearm at a mailbox and at road signs in the same area.
Through investigation, the male was identified and was found to be the suspect in both events.
34-year old Alexander Robert SMITH of Melancthon Township was arrested that evening and was held for WASH court on February 9th. He remains in custody pending a video remand scheduled for February 13, 2019. He is facing multiple charges, including:
- Uttering Threats to Cause Death or Bodily Harm
- Unlawfully in a Dwelling House
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm (x2)
- Mischief Under $5000 (x2)
- Careless Storage of Firearm, Prohibited Device or Ammunition (x4)
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose (x2)
Anyone with information is asked to call Grey County OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a secure web-tip at www.cstip.ca, where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2000.