17 Year Old Attempts To Out Run Police Now Facing Numerous Charges
Source: Area OPP
Date: Wed Mar 13 02:50:54 MST 2019
Police received information from a passing motorist that the suspect vehicle had crashed into a snowbank while attempting to turn onto a sideroad. Police located the vehicle abandoned on Sideroad 315 at Grey Road 17. The vehicle, which had a Quebec licence plate, sustained minor front end damage.
OPP Canine Unit and Emergency Response Team (ERT) were called to assist in locating the driver and a passenger observed in the vehicle.
Through investigation, the driver was identified and on March 10, 2019 at approximately 10:16 p.m. he turned himself in at the Bruce Peninsula OPP Detachment.
A 17-year old male youth from the Township of Georgian Bluffs was charged with the following offences:
- Flight from Peace Officer, Criminal Code
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle, Criminal Code
- Fail to Remain, Highway Traffic Act
- Use Plates Not Authorized, Highway Traffic Act
- Fail to Apply for Permit on Becoming Owner, Highway Traffic Act
- Operate a Motor Vehicle without Insurance, Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act
The accused is scheduled to appear in court on April 16, 2019 in Owen Sound.
The passenger, a 17-year old girl from the Township of Georgian Bluffs, was spoken to by police.
There were no injuries reported.