Clinton Methamphetamine Bust - Weapons Seized - Name Released Of Repeat Offender
Source: Area OPP
Date: Thu Jul 9 06:34:54 MST 2015
The investigating officer also observed the male to be carrying a backpack with a large knife sheath in plain view. The male was placed under investigative detention and a search for weapons was conducted. Upon searching the male the officer located a quantity of methamphetamine on the male. He was then placed under arrest and a thorough search of the male and his backpack was conducted. The search resulted in the officer seizing a BB gun pistol and a homemade whip –baton that is classified as a nunchaku under the Criminal Code.
As a result, Ronald DAVIS, 46 years of age from Clinton has been charged with:
· Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Methamphetamine
· Two Counts of Possession of a Firearm contrary to Prohibition Order
· Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
· Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon
· Three counts of Fail to Comply with a Probation Order
He remains in custody with a court appearance scheduled for July 10, 2015 at the Ontario Court of Justice – Goderich.