North Huron Councillor Caught In A Lie - Brock Vodden Added To Hall Of Shame
Date: 2012-05-13 17:34:10
Other reasons for induction:
- Vodden lied when he said "I won't be reading this rag [WFP] any more. 2011-08-15
- Brock Vodden has not helped get our taxes under control.
- Brock Vodden has voted out of spite, and not what is best for
the community. (re: Auburn playground)
- Brock Vodden (and the majority of council) denied the trailer
park was up for sale, when it was.
- Brock Vodden refused to call the school board to see if the
new super school was going to be built, instead he decided to
cause a panic, and even went on the radio to try to do so.
Vodden was totally discredited by a representative from the
school board. Vodden's sloppy work made council look like
- Vodden jumps to conclusions on hearsay and/or no evidence.
(re: school panic)
- Vodden has showed disrespect and arrogance, when he responded
to a taxpayer question with "Google could have provided answers
to your questions." 2011-08-11
- Brock Vodden denied Mr. Bailey's speech was limited, and when
confronted online, he posted proof that he was wrong: style="font-style: italic;">"That North Huron Council hereby
authorizes the limiting of Councillor Bailey's comments to
- Romour is that Brock Vodden is under the impression that there
is only one person behind WFP and he/she is responsible for
comments made by over 600 people over the last several years.
- Brock Vodden has made comments on the Internet that are not
appropriate for an elected Representative.
- Brock Vodden voted in chambers, then immediately asked what
they just voted on.
- Brock Vodden has lost composure several times during meetings,
he has childishly slammed his laptop and thrown pens.
- Brock Vodden has appeared confused during council meetings,
- Brock Vodden claimed he saw mud on Reid Road, but refused to
provide a photo to prove it. After Vodden refused to
provide a photo, a citizen drove the entire road taking photos.
These photo's backed up WFP's photos, and proved why Vodden
couldn't provide a photo, and cast severe doubt on Vodden's
- Brock Vodden has appeared to have lost all sense of
objectivity, and will take any position as long as it is
contrary to what is on WFP.
- Vodden spends more time bashing the WFP than he does lowering
- Brock Vodden wasted an incredible amount of his, and council's
time, trying to save a school that could not be saved.
This is just one example of his absence of objectivity and poor
sense of priorities.
- Vodden was in favor of eliminating Public Gallery and
Press questions at the end of meetings.
- 2011-08-12 Brock Vodden said he would fight for free speech,
then failed to do so when council tried to get rid of Press
& Public Gallery Questions.
"Hopefully, the voters choose people whom they feel they can trust to do and
say the right things most of the time, people whose judgment
they feel they can trust. Brock Vodden 2011-10-27